2.10.2018

Estoy aquí en lo oscuro / Antonia Palacios

I am here in the dark

I am here in the dark with my back to the light, forgetting the beginning, the day’s eternity. I am here ignored, the profile of my face lost in the shade. I am here diminished, barely a line, a point with no terrain. I am here leaning letting the night pass through me. Outside the immense eagles battle the wind in space. I am here waiting… And I gather my gestures, and my breath retreats, I muzzle my voice and all of me is an occult silence amidst the dark. I am here vigilant, keeping vigil fearfully for a wandering creature that has stopped within me.

*

Estoy aquí en lo oscuro

Estoy aquí en lo oscuro de espaldas a la luz, olvidando el comienzo, la eternidad del día. Estoy aquí ignorada, el perfil de mi rostro perdido entre la sombra. Estoy aquí disminuida, apenas una línea, un punto sin relieve. Estoy aquí inclinada dejando que la noche me pase por encima. Afuera en el espacio las águilas inmensas batallan con el viento. Estoy aquí aguardando... Y recogjo mis gestos, y repliego mi aliento, amordazo mi voz y toda yo soy silencio oculta entre lo oscuro. Estoy aquí vigilante, velando temerosa una criatura errante que en mí se ha detenido.




Textos del desalojo (1973)




{ Antonia Palacios, Ficciones y aflicciones, Caracas: Biblioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: